Sunday, June 16, 2013

Scrapbooking with Kelly!

Yesterday I spent most of my day with my sister in law Kelly. We went over to her friend and neighbor Michelle who frequently organizes crops at her home. I've attended a few of the crops that Michelle runs at a church local to them, but most certainly not to me!
Now that I've joined the FB group 50 projects, I am very committed to complete as many pages and cards as possible. I am a very slow scrapbooker; however I enjoy the process better than the quantity of layouts.

3/50
This was the first page I did. I have to add some journaling to this page.
4/50
My second page came together a little faster as I had a sketch and I knew what I wanted to do with it. I had wanted to use my Thickets since I had (before joining 50 projects) bought so many at TJMaxx.
I have to finish my 3rd and last project of the day, later today. I did take a short class and made a make and take, but it will need pictures and extra embellishments.
The day was a success, not only because I made a few pages but also because I spent a day with Kelly, Michelle and a few other lovely ladies. Michelle's family is very friendly and her children were quite helpful and gracious. I also visited with my niece Julia who is  quite a gifted story writer. She read for me 2 chapters of her new soon to be "published" book, and of course it was great to spend time with my "little" brother Julio. It was a great day!!!

No comments: